I wanted to share my recent exploration into the world of enhancing guitar videos. You know how it is – you play this beautiful melody on your guitar, and you wish there was an easy way to translate that into readable sheet music. I embarked on a quest to find a quick and efficient method to add notation and tablature to my guitar videos, aiming to elevate the quality of my musical content.
1. The Quest for Quality: Improving My Guitar Videos
Like many musicians, I faced the challenge of turning the magic of my guitar tunes into tangible sheet music. My goal was to make my music more accessible and visually appealing to my audience.
2. The Tools: Free Software at My Fingertips
I delved into the world of free software and discovered three essential tools for my mission:
- Reaper: A versatile digital audio workstation that could handle VST plugins and serve as the foundation for my musical journey.
- Neural Note VST: This virtual studio technology plugin became my companion for refining my guitar audio, ensuring accuracy and eliminating any unwanted nuances.
- MuseScore: An open-source notation software that transformed my MIDI files into beautiful, readable sheet music.
3. The Process: My Musical Creations Come to Life
- Recording and Polishing: I recorded my guitar melody using Reaper, tweaking the audio with Neural Note VST to perfect the sound and ensure precision. I recorded to a click at 120 BPM, the NEURAL vst should sync the tempo.
- Exporting: Once satisfied, I exported the file as MIDI, preserving my guitar performance.
- Crafting Sheet Music: I imported the MIDI file, meticulously converting it into notation and tablature. Adjustments were made to copy the piano import to guitar notation and tabulature.